Monday 13 November 2017

Stunning stupidity

I received this information today from my SEIL ( Line Manager) and my union about an issue that was first brought to my attention at a union meeting a month ago.

From my SEIL:

Hi Tony,

                                  I checked out the issue with the 4 professional practice days for you – yes what you were told is right, since you are a Prin you are not entitled to them.


From the AEU:


Hi Tony

 

Just letting you know that AEU raised the issue of no professional practice days for teaching principals. We got the expected reply that principals are on contract and not Teaching Service employees in relationship to the professional practice days and that funding was sought on that basis.

 

The working party on Principal Workload has commenced and we will raise it again. Peter Clifton is one of the AEU Principal representatives on this working party.

 

Sorry that this is not the answer that you (and the AEU) wanted.

 

Regards


This is unacceptable. Either DET is ignorant of the fact that there are teaching principals ( and I teach every day, all day) or arrogant and dismissive of our work. I'm not sure which is worse. I have an iron in the fire on this and I will email my Regional Director this week and raise it at an education forum I am attending next week. I will also consider going to the press over this matter. It is incredibly insulting!


No comments:

Post a Comment