Wednesday 25 January 2017

Happy Australia Day......

.......or Occupation Day! 
Either way, it is just another day that blends into school holidays. 
I wonder what would make a good national holiday? I guess it was Empire Day when Britain still had an empire. Federation was signed off on New Years Day...that would be ok but we already have a holiday for that. Not ANZAC Day that is something altogether different. Maybe when we finally grow up and become a republic it could be 'Republic Day'?
Some photos today to think about......




Thanks Charles Perkins.
Hasn't always been January 26th. In fact I can't remember much about it when I was a kid 40 years ago. It was more of a Sydney thing. Did it get a national kick start with the bicentennial?


1 comment:

  1. Nice share! I found this site that offers premium quality writing services to help you write an excellent essay. It is so helpful and I wish I had discovered it sooner. Visit websiteto check it out now. I hope it helps you as much as it helped me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete