Saturday 3 September 2016

Jail time for late library books

A library in Alabama has reportedly warned its customers that it plans to enforce strict new borrowing rules that include the possibility of jail time for anyone who fails to return a book on time.

In an effort to recoup about $200,000 worth of overdue books, the Athens-Limestone public library will be enforcing a new policy that includes fines of $100, a city jail term of 30 days or possibly both, according to the News Courier.

I hope this falls into the 'only in America' category. The south of the US is poor and the economy is a basket case and racial divides have never been starker but it's still ok to jail people for reading! 

I have had lots of anti-vaccine stuff on my Twitter feed today and I also got these alternative tweets which I thought I'd share.
And ruder but succinct!



No comments:

Post a Comment