Saturday 9 April 2016

Holidays over

Well it's been a busy holiday....in fact I could do with a holiday! 
I've got a few things done over the last couple of weeks.
I've completed 3 major literature units ( Carrie's War, The Silver Sword and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar  Children) for grade 4-6.
A comprehensive maths unit on whole number.
Two Science units on insects and mini-beasts.
Two literature units for grade 2 and an upgraded Fairy Tale/Folk Tale unit.
Art and craft samples
Two major maintenance jobs ( cleaning gutters and mulching) 
Cleaning, shopping for school and some reorganising.
On a personal note I managed to finish 1 book ( 1 out of 5 isn't great!) had some yummy Easter eggs and downloaded and watched 'Toast of London' series 2 which is hilarious! (If you haven't seen it and you like The IT Crowd then you can get season 1 and 2 on DVD from the ABC Shop) I also did some Twittering. ( Much better than Facebook. Also lots of blog posts)
Term 2 starts on Monday and it should be another busy term.


Oh, I also donated blood and got my 10 donations pin!
This year is of course the 100th anniversary of some of the biggest battles of World War Two. Below is a German cartoon from 1916. They didn't think too highly of Aussies. I wonder if they could forsee our demolition job of them on the Western Front in 1918.





No comments:

Post a Comment