Monday 25 January 2016

Bean counters at it again

From Caitlin Rose
( All Caitlin and her mates want is to finish their education and the NT bean counters don't want that. Sign her petition here on Change.org: 
Tony - There's a petition trending on Change.org and we think you might be interested in signing it: 

I’m devastated. The NT government want to close my school which means young mums like me won’t finish their education. It doesn’t make sense.

I’m 18, live in Darwin and have a 4 month old bub. And for once in my life I actually look forward to go to school - the teachers are flexible, move at our pace and the best part is we can take our babies with us! There’s about 15 of us young mums in the class, we’re a community.

But we’ve just found out the education department plan to shut down my school to save money. They didn't even let us know before the new year and I’m meant to return for Year 12 in a week.

We all just want to be able to finish school – but that'll be impossible if they force us into another school. We can't afford costly full-time childcare!

I honestly don't think this is fair or the right thing to do, so please support us in saving our schooling program by signing our petition! Thanks everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment