Saturday 14 November 2015

Gallipoli

When I stopped in Daylesford, I visited one of the book stores and bought some comics that will come in handy next year. One of them was a 1960s Dell comic about Gallipoli
I was surprised to find that it was a reasonably faithful version of the story.
Interestingly, on the back cover is an advertisement for a BB Gun. I must admit that when I was a kid, reading these comics I always wanted one of these guns, but maybe it explains America's gun culture today.....ah, another thing to blame comics for!
Saw one of my students in a play at the Helen McPherson Smith Theatre at the old Ballarat Post Office this afternoon. ( Photo below is taken through the gates onLydiard St.) He was very good. ( I hope he remembers his old primary school teacher when he's a big star.)

No comments:

Post a Comment