Tuesday 30 June 2015

Rural school issues paper

Today I've been up at school preparing an issues paper on rural school disadvantage for Jaala Pulford ( Agriculture Minister) I entitled it 'Rural Education- Action now'. I wrote about the implications for rural communities and Victoria in general if the disparity between opportunities and performance of students in rural Victoria compared to metropolitan Victoria isn't addressed. 
I stressed the fact that nothing was done over the last 4 years and that the initial and modest attempts to act were scrapped in 2010. To give Jaala an historical perspective I also included discussion papers that I prepared for previous Education Ministers. ( I will post this document on the school website next term. Below is Jaala's electoral office in Ballarat.) Thanks to Tim from her office who I talked to this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment