Monday 25 May 2015

Poe's mysterious death

We have just started reading The Murders in the Rue Morgue. I have bought additional copies of the book and the grade 5s have been reading along. I created a giant Poe portrait with the titles of many of his stories and poems listed. Today we read about Poe's mysterious death and filled out 'death certificates' for him. Some thought it may have been rabies, murder or his alcoholism. We will finish the story tomorrow and complete work on Poe by the end of the week. 
Our student teachers, Belle and Stacey completed follow-up tasks to their veggie planting last week. Next week they'll do some cooking. I finished reading Jewel of the Seven Stars on the weekend and will work on it this week. I need to hunt out my copy of The Turn of the Screw and hopefully read that. j have a DVD of the 'Innocents' somewhere. 






No comments:

Post a Comment