Saturday 18 April 2015

Book trip

I popped up to work this morning and finished a few hours of work before a busy week next week. I put my model plane example together. They are hard to make with big hands! ('Sausage fingers' as my daughter calls them.)
After work I went on a trip to Castlemaine to visit some book stores.
I drove through Daylesford first and visited the Paradise Bookstore and took a few photos of the surrounds.

 


I went to 4 bookstores in Castlemaine. The first one ( Soldier and Scholar Books) made me VERY claustrophobic! ( see the photos below) 



The second one (the Mount of Alex Bookshop )had some excellent first editions but a bit too expensive for me.

I visited the local botanical gardens, Buda historic house, market, a WW1 German cannon (Distributed to country towns after the war and still on display outside the railway station.) and the old gaol.

 




 

The third one ( Stoneman's Bookroom) was in the CBD and was well stocked but mostly new books I can get in Ballarat.

The last one where I bought most of my books ( called Book Heaven) was just out of town and appears to have a permanent 50% sale on. 

They also sold records.

After a coffee I went home. ( I took a few photos of a little creek near Guildford and Mount Franklin.)


Link to an interesting story about the 'class divide' in state schools?
http://www.theage.com.au/comment/money-talks-at-state-schools-20150417-1mmlmo.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment