Tuesday 31 March 2015

Holiday Gardening

I went up to work and did some gardening today. It was time to start to prepare our veggie garden for the winter. I pulled out the last of the radishes and tidied up generally. I bought some hay mulsh from a local nursery and aerated the soil and spread the mulsh. 
Today I also organised our Melbourne Botanical Gardens and aquarium excursion for the second week back. I've started reading The Picture of Dorian Gray. I forgot what a great story it was. I'll see if I can track down a child-friendly abridged version but it might not exist.
I put the radishes and a few yellow tomatoes on a tray for people to help themselves ( Tammy and Emily?)
I left the tomato plants as they still have lots of unrippen tomatoes on them.


Garden beds ready for winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment