Wednesday 25 February 2015

Mantis

We had a praying mantis today clinging on to our school building. One of the students spotted it and we found some interesting facts about it and took photos with our iPads.
I've finished a Twenty Thousand Leagues under the sea unit and I prepared our display table this afternoon.( Yes that is a giant squid with a tentacle around a submarine) 
I've been bitten by the Jules Verne bug so I've started a unit on Journey to the Centre of the Earth. ( There is a great looking app for it but sadly it's in French) I'd love to read The Mysterious Island too but I haven't been able to find a good abridged version of it.
The kids have picked some carrots from the garden recently. I found a little yellow tomato too and our sunflowers look great.




No comments:

Post a Comment