Monday 25 August 2014

Visit to Kyneton

Today I drove to Kyneton to check out the Campaspe Camp and Resort as a venue for our 2014 school camp. It is a fantastic location. It has recently changed management and they are updating their buildings and infrastructure.



Pictures of the lake and accommodation buildings, the dining room and some of the outside adventure equipment including climbing wall, giant swing and flying fox. They also have a heated indoor pool and quad bikes. The facilities look a bit tired but they are currently upgrading it all and it should look great when we go there in December.





As I passed through Kyneton I took photos of the Campaspe River , Kyneton Town Hall and historic Piper Street. 



I drove through Lauriston ( Ned Kelly apparently robbed a Chinese hawker in Lauriston and spent some time in the Kyneton lock-up.) I stopped off at Drummond Primary School. ( This was the first school I taught in when I returned to Victoria in 1987) The school looks great. it has a fantastic garden and a new BER building like we have? I also took a photo of the old school house, attached to the original school room.



I also passed through Glen Lyon and took a photo of the old general store and a paddock full of black sheep.

Voldemort
The grade 4-6 kids finished their Voldemort/Quirrell statues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment