Tuesday 8 July 2014

Brrrrrrrrrr

Very chilly this morning. I went up to Regional Office ( Photo below) to discuss my Principal Performance Review with my Senior Regional Advisor and had to make changes. ( draft 6!) 

I went back to school to make the changes and email them off. I also created a 'consultation register' so I can record interactions I've had and will have with regional and central office personnel during the life of this review. It was snowing when I got up there for about 5-10 minutes. It melted when it hit the ground but I think we might be in for a cold winter.

You can't really see the snow very well in the photos but it was happening!
I finished reading 'The Last of the Mohicans' today so I'll start the unit plan tonight.

Interesting story about the quality of graduate teachers in The Age this morning. Teach For Australia certainly isn't the answer and shouldn't be getting on the money dumped on it by Minister Pyne in the last budget.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/graduate-teachers-not-up-to-scratch-victorian-government-20140709-zt0by.html
The Age also now has a Facebook page devoted to Education : https://www.facebook.com/theageeducation

No comments:

Post a Comment