Tuesday 17 June 2014

Robin Hood

We're half way through the Howard Pyle version of Robin Hood. Most chapters seem to be about him recruiting new 'merry men'. So far no sign of Prince John and Maid Marion. I Might read another more well-known version once I've finished the Pyle version later this week. I have also started his version of King Arthur and the Round Table as an afternoon serial.( Must see if I can find a good abridged version of Ivanhoe) I'll take some photographs of their work tomorrow but below I have an image of one of my grade 6 girl's book about growing up in the Middle Ages. She did a great job. I like the ribbon she added to each page and the black and white images she found. She tried to make it look authentic by painting the paper with a water color wash. 




No comments:

Post a Comment