Sunday 26 January 2014

Back in the saddle

I've actually been back in the saddle for quite awhile but Australia Day or not I've been back at school and in the office attending to the red tape required (apparently) to run our schools smoothly. Over the last few days I finished paper work for our new school council, completed our AIP ( Annual Implementation Plan) , attended a Regional directors meeting and updated our School improvement Plan.Tomorrow I'll be updating the student's iPads and my tech guy, Steve will pop in to fine tune our computer network and complete updates as required.
It has been a remarkably newsworthy school holidays with the Commonwealth Government funding cuts being 'digested' and now another review of our new national curriculum ( I'll comment on these matters in a future post) This year is also a state government election year so it will be interesting to see if the current government ( which has a wafer thin majority) chooses to placate state education teachers or pick a fight. I guess they'll approach it according to what they think plays best with the electorate.
Below is a photo of the potato field next door being watered and our lilly's which are in flower.



No comments:

Post a Comment