Thursday 19 December 2013

Last Day

Today was the last day of term 4 and the last day of the 2013 school year and what a big year it has been. I made a roast turkey lunch for us ( Turkey, roast potatoes and vegetables) and we had chocolate mud cake for dessert.
After lunch we had a visit from Santa who handed out books ( chosen specially for individual children) and a Christmas stocking full of chocolates. My two grade 6 students who finish up this year also received an engraved pen and graduation certificate. I'll miss these 2 students in 2014 but I'm sure they'll have a great time in secondary school.
Reports went home. I reported using AusVELS for the first time following implementation of the national curriculum during this year.
I left as soon as the kids today so I'll need to pop in over the next few days and tidy up a bit but I want a nice long break for a few weeks. As this is not a private blog but one about Glen Park Primary School and state education in general there won't be anything to put up for a while.
So Merry Christmas and happy New Year to all those who have visited the blog and hopefully found something there of interest.

Tony Shaw
20/12/13

The photos below show the school this morning (another warm day) the kids eating their Christmas lunch and Santa handing out gifts.













No comments:

Post a Comment