Tuesday 26 November 2013

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea

I had to put the brakes on this afternoon when I got down the bottom of the hill when a little family of ducks waddled across the road( Mum, dad and 5 ducklings) There are a lot of water birds around the school lately. We have a little family at the school as well.
My early years students started working on a mini reader for Brown Bear today. we also finished our triffid paintings. ( Children used a description of triffids from the book to paint their own interpretation. they also finished their 'triffid snakes and ladders' games) I've just started reading Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. Tomorrow we are going to use an iPad app to design a plan of a Nautilus type submarine. We'll also chart the course of the Nautilus using another app.( A free app called Finger Measure)
Below are photos of one of my students making her mini books about Brown Bear. There is also a photo of the triffid images and a board game and an example of the type of blueprint you can create using the PadCad lite app.
I've just notched up 12000 views, thanks.








No comments:

Post a Comment