Monday 4 November 2013

New Student Teacher

We had a very busy day today just prior to Melbourne Cup Day.
Two of my grade 3 students tried a new activity I picked up at my PD day on Friday. I asked the students to list their favourite characters, characters in order of appearance in the story and characters ordered according to whether they think Baum sympathised with them? It was great to hear them talking about their ideas and supporting their choices. ( photo below of them ordering their characters ) My 2 grade 5 girls completed and presented their PowerPoint project about HG Wells. ( they had a few grammatical errors that they assumed would be picked up by spellcheck which was a bit of an eye opener forBthem. below is a photo presenting their PowerPoint ) My grade 6 boy made a trailer for the Lost World using iMovie and our big collection of plastic dinosaurs! He did a fantastic job and the photo below shows him showing it off on his iPad.We had a new student teacher from Ballarat University start today for a 20 day block. Jenna will be working with the grade 3 students from Wednesday.





No comments:

Post a Comment