Saturday 21 September 2013

Classic Horror Art and Craft

Go to TPT and find my new unit; HORROR ART & CRAFT.
This one is an art/craft unit based on classic horror stories from the Classic Horror Unit I've been working on over the last few weeks.

This craft activity pack provides educators with ideas and templates for craft activities to support classic horror stories such as Dracula, Frankenstein and The Mummy.
Many ideas are inspired from things I have seen in books, blogs and on Pinterest. All of these activities I have completed with my mixed class of children aged 6 to 12. (Glen Park is after all a one-teacher state primary school in rural Australia.) and I have provided photos of their finished projects.
These craft activities were completed while we were reading classic horror stories as serials and while we completed reading and writing tasks using my Classic Horror Unit - Also on TPT .(Younger students not doing this work joined in ...because I couldn’t stop them)
 Read through the unit to determine what resources you may need (You might be able to substitute some materials for others) Good luck, have patience and don’t forget to make some of your own so that you have them for future reference and for demonstrations.
Below is a picture of the Headless Horseman with marbling paint used to make the atmospheric background. The unit includes pictures of finished student work such as this.



No comments:

Post a Comment