Saturday 25 May 2013

New Unit - ‘Treasure Island’ and ‘Kidnapped’

I have attached a link to A Blooms Taxonomy literature unit plan for Robert Louis Stevenson’s classic tales of adventure ‘Treasure Island’ and ‘Kidnapped’ which I am teaching at the moment. Kids love pirate tales and ‘Treasure Island’ is still by far the best. Kidnapped initially dismissed as a ‘boys own adventure’ tale is exciting, frightening and in the end a satisfying story of a wild land torn apart by invasion, rebellion and bigotry. There are loads of versions of the book and DVDs that make these 2 books a great ‘literary package’ (Both stories link in well with the unit I am finishing- ‘Jack Black and the Ship of Thieves’ and a unit for  ‘The Wreckers’ which I start this week which I have already made a link too on the blog.)
CLICK HERE FOR MY UNIT ON TPT

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email me Brandee if you want a copy of any of the units I put up and I'll just send them to you.

    ReplyDelete