Friday 22 March 2013

Kangaroos

One of my parents noticed some tracks in the long jump pit yesterday. I said that they were probably rabbits but she wasn't convinced. I had a look this morning and she was right. They're kangaroo prints. I've seen a few kangaroos and wallabies around the school over the years ( especially during the drought)and I was startled by one early in the morning last year but of course I didn't have a camera with me and it bounded away.
We've had a few koalas too. It has been a while since I've seen one of them, although I check up in the trees from time to time.Our area is one that is renowned as a good habitat for koalas but sadly it has been probably 10 years now since we had one up in one of our trees. If we get lucky I'll be sure to snap a photo or two and put them on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment